The Islandora Foundation is seeking Expressions of Interest to host the 2019 Islandoracon.
The first Islandora Conference was held in August, 2015 at Islandora’s birthplace in Charlottetown, PE. For our second conference, we took the event to Hamilton, ON and more than 100 Islandorians came out to join us. In 2019 we will hold our third Islandoracon, and we're looking for a place.
If you would like to host the next Islandoracon please contact email@example.com with your response to the following by July 20th 2018:
The host must cover the cost of the venue (whether by offering your own space or paying the rent on a venue). All other costs (transportation, catering, supplies, etc) will be covered by the Islandora Foundation. The venue must have:
- Space for up to 150 attendees, with room for at least two simultaneous tracks, and additional pre-conference workshop facilities, with appropriate A/V equipment. Laptop-friendly seating a strong preference.
- Wireless internet capable of supporting 150+ simultaneous connections, at no extra charge for conference attendees.
- A location convenient to an airport and hotels (or other accommodations, such as student housing)
- A local planning committee willing to help with organization
The host is not responsible for developing the Islandoracon program, pre-conference events, sponsorships, or social events, but their input is certainly valued.
The EOI must include:
- The name of the institution(s)
- Primary contact (with email)
- Proposed location, with a brief description of amenities, travel, and other consideration that would make it a good location for the conference.
- A proposed time of year. We do not have a set schedule, so if there is a season when your venue is particularly attractive, the conference dates can move accordingly.
The location will be selected by the Islandoracon Planning Committee, a working group of the Islandora Coordinating Committee.
If you have any questions about hosting Islandoracon, please don't hesitate to ask.