All Islandora events operate under the Islandora Community Code of Conduct, but we have a few additional ground rules for Islandora Online, which have been found to be helpful while participating in an online meeting:
- Mute your microphone unless you are speaking.
- Please keep your camera off during presentations. You are welcome to turn them on to ask questions, during breaks, and during break-out room discussions.
- Pets, kids, significant others, etc. wandering into the frame are OK. (In fact, we encourage them to visit during breaks!)
- Snacks and drinks are OK (even if you can’t share them!)
- If you have to step out to deal with something—that’s OK, but please don’t take your video/audio feed with you while you do.
- If you have an issue, please reach out privately to one of the moderators (they will be introduced at that start of each event)
We have designed Islandora Online so you can pick and choose which sessions you would like to attend. You can spend the whole day, or drop in for any particular session. You can design your own meeting experience!
Many thanks to the CTDA Virtual Open Meeting for letting us adapt the ground rules from their online event!