Tweet about Camp using #iCampFL
Location: Florida Gulf Coast University
Wednesday, May 4th: Islandora Software and CommunityTime Session + Details Speaker 8:30 – 9:00 Registration and breakfast 9:00 – 9:30
- What is Islandora?
- Instructor introductions
- Islandora Foundation
- Islandora Camp orientation
- Round-the-room introductions: experience with Islandora and your role in managing/using Islandora.
- Discussion of what attendees want to learn at the Camp.
- A run-through of the Islandora release process.
- How the Islandora community is doing its own software
Spotlight on Islandora Sites
View demos from current in-production Islandora sites.
iCamp Instructors & other presenters12:00 - 1:00
1:00 - 2:30
Nick Ruest (York University) and Diego Pino (METRO.org)2:30 - 3:00
3:00 - 3:30
- An overview of the Islandora community, what you can get out of it, and how you can join in
- Interest groups, Release Teams, listservs, Community Sprints, and more
Melissa Anez (Islandora Foundation)
3:30 - 4:00
- What are Solution Packs and how they can help you
- An overview of Solution Packs in the current Islandora release
Nick Ruest (York University)4:00-5:00
Islandora Install Fest (optional prep for Day #2)
- Includes discussion of production installation issues and troubleshooting. One way or another, we will get you on your own Islandora site for the workshops.
- Three options for a camp VM:
- Vagrant build
- VM on the USB stick
- Online sandbox
Thursday, May 5th: Workshop Tracks for Repository Administrators and Islandora Developers
This is a full day of workshops/tutorials where you can get your hands on Islandora and gain some practical experience, either via the user interface (admins) or by digging into the underlying code (devs). The Dev track tends to be fairly loose and will be tailored to what the audience wants to do, so the schedule below is just a rough outline. Admins, your track is a lot more structured and will cover all of these topics plus whatever individual requests we have time for.Time
8:30-9:00 Breakfast 9:00-10:30 Intro to Drupal and Islandora Introductions and Content models 10:30-11:00 Break Solution packs 11:00-12:00 Islandora Configuration Tuque 12:00-1:00 Lunch Lunch 1:00-3:30 Forms and Security (XML Form Builder) Solr 3:30-4:00 Break Break 4:00-5:00 Solr for Admins Questions/discussion
6:30 - 8:30: Camp Social (Location TBD)
Friday, May 6th: Deeper DivesTime Session +Details Speaker 8:30-9:00 Breakfast 9:00 – 9:30
- We open at the close because we know some of you will be catching planes in the afternoon.
iCamp Instructors9:30 - 10:00
Diego Pino (METRO.org)10:30 – 11:00 Break
11:00 - 11:30 You Got Islandora in my Omeka; You Got Omeka on my Islandora: Integrating Omeka and Islandora at FGCU Melissa VandeBurgt, Guy Cicinelli, and Parker Fruehan (FGCU) 12:00 – 1:00 Lunch
1:00 - 1:30
- A tour of modules developed by the Islandora Community that are not in the official release. Discover hidden gems.
Melissa Anez (Islandora Foundation)1:30 - 2:00 Adventures in Analytics! - Bryan Brown FSU Bryan Brown, Wilhelmina Randtke, and Gail Lewis (FSU) 2:00 - 2:30 Experiences with Off-Production Server Ingests Randy Fischer (FLVC) 2:30 - 3:00 Open Source Sustainability in Digital Curation Software Nick Ruest (York) 3:00 - 3:30
3:30 – 5:00
- It's a room full of Islandora people. Ask anything and we will try to answer/demo/solve