This past week we had the pleasure of wrapping up a 2-week code sprint where we accomplished a massive list of things and made great headway toward release! I'd like to take a moment to thank everyone who took part. Y'all turned on the fire hose for contributions and we made out like bandits.
Here's a breakdown of everything we received:
- Advanced Search
- Captions using VTTs (Oral Histories anyone?)
- A new install profile for a better default experience
- A new starter theme based on bootstrap_barrio
- Default relationship of "Associated Name' for agents
- No longer showing Marc relator codes when displaying agents
- UI for registering namespace prefixes
- Search intervals and faceting for EDTF dates
- Bugfix for predicates that contain colons
- Bugfix for WSOD when source file is missing on Media
- Github Actions instead of Travis
And as if that weren't enough amazing contributions, we're still sitting on a pile of more very valuable ones that haven't been merged yet, specifically:
- Metatag tokens (this unlocks better SEO and Google Scholar Indexing)
- Refactored islandora-playbook to use install profiles
- Refactored ISLE to use the new install profile from ICG / Born Digital
- An improved file upload form. Just upload your file and it makes all the Drupal entities for you.
- A slew of field and form fixes from the MIG, which have been configured on https://134-122-43-86.traefik.me/ and provided to me as a config export
- And even more Github Actions instead of Travis
I know we were supposed to freeze the code on Monday, but I'd like to give folks some more time to review and respond to feedback on these outstanding issues. We will revisit at the end of the week to wrap things up. It feels foolish to leave such great contributions on the table when they could be part of the software in the upcoming release.
Regardless, when you step back and take a look at the volume and quality of contributions that we received in such a short time frame, it's pretty staggering. I'd like to give a BIG thanks to everyone involved and their employers who graciously allowed them to work on Islandora while on the clock.
- Eli Zoller (Arizona State University)
- Willow Gillingham (Arizona State University)
- Seth Shaw (University of Nevada Las Vegas)
- Alan Stanley
- Don Richards (Born Digital)
- Mark Jordan (Simon Fraser University)
- Alexander O'Neill (University of Prince Edward Island)
- Nigel Banks (Lyrasis)
- Kristina Spurgin (Lyrasis) and the Metadata Interest Group, whose recommendations are being implemented
Thanks a million!