In lieu of our usual summer Islandora Camp in PEI, our 2014 Canadian camp is going to the big city. #iCampGTA will take place on the campus of the University of Toronto Scarborough from August 6-8, 2014. If you have any questions about the GTA Camp, please contact us.
Islandora Camp GTA 2014
Latest Camp News
One of the features of the last few Islandora Camps is the camp t-shirt given to all attendees. Every camp has its own logo. For the past few camps we have reached out to our attendees to design that logo, and we are doing it again for the GTA Camp. We want to give a free registration and a couple of extra t-shirts to the iCampGTA attendee who comes up with the coolest logo for iCampGTA's t-shirts.
Entries will be accepted through April 7th, 2014. Entries will be put up on the website for voting and a winner will be selected and announced April 11th, 2014.
Here are the details to enter:
- Camp Registration is not necessary to enter; anyone with an interest in Islandora is welcome to send in a design - however, the big prize is a free registration, so you'll have to be able to come to camp to claim it.
- Line art and text are acceptable; photographs are not.
- You are designing for the front of the shirt for an area up to 12 x 12 inches. Your design must be a single image.
- Your design may be up to four colours. The t-shirt colour will be determined in part by the winning design.
- By entering the contest you agree that your submission is your own work. The design must be original, unpublished, and must not include any third-party logos (other than the Islandora logo, which you are free to use in your design) or copyrighted material.
- One free registration to Islandora Camp GTA (or a refund if you are already registered)
- Two extra t-shirts with your awesome logo
- Bragging rights
How to Enter:
- Please submit the following by email to email@example.com:
- Your full name
- A brief explanation of your logo idea
- Your logo entry as an attachment. Minimum 1000 x 1000 pixels. High-resolution images in .eps or .ai format are preferred. We will accept .png and .jpg for the contest, but the winner must be able to supply a high resolution VECTOR art version of their entry if it is selected as the winner.
- Entries will be accepted through April 7th, 2014.
- Multiple entries allowed.
- Submissions will be screened by the Islandora Team before posting to the website for voting.
- All entries must be submitted by April 7th, 2014.
- Voting will be open online from April 7th to 11th.
- By submitting your design, you grant permission for your design to be used by the Islandora Foundation, including but not limited to website promotions, printed materials and (of course) t-shirt printing.
- We reserve the right to alter your image as necessary for printing requirements and/or incorporate the name and date of the camp into the final t-shirt design. You are free to include these yourself as part of your logo.
- The Islandora Foundation reserves the right to make the final decision.
Previous Camp Logos:
Thank you and good luck!
We are very pleased to announce the opening of registration for our next two Islandora Camps: iCampUK in London England, May 7 - 9th and iCampGTA in Scarborough, Ontario from August 6 - 8th. The early bird discount for the UK will be available until March 1st and for the GTA it's available until April 1st, so get in early if you want to save a little on your registration. Seating is limited to 50 attendees per event.
We are also welcoming sessions proposals for both events. A t-shirt logo design contest for a free registration to each event is coming soon, so stay tuned!
That's Greater Toronto Area, not Grand Theft Auto, although this has resulted in some interesting suggestions for our camp t-shirt.
We are thrilled to confirm that next summer's Canadian Islandora Camp will take place on the campus of the University of Toronto Scarborough from August 6-8, 2014. Big thanks to our local organizers Kirsta Stapelfeldt of UoTS and Nick Ruest of York University.
Registration will be opening in early 2014. In the mean time, if you have any questions about the GTA Camp, please contact us.