Islandora is released twice-yearly, at the end of April and October.
We are now looking for volunteers to join the team for the April release of Islandora 7.x-1.9, including a Release Manager, if anyone wants to try their hand at the wheel (support from former release managers is readily available!). We also welcome co-managers if you prefer to tackle it as a team.
The roles are described in detail here, but in short we are seeking:
* Release Manager
* Testing Manager
* Documentation Manager
* Auditing Manager
* Component Managers
If you have been a Tester, Documenter, or Auditor for a previous Islandora Release, please consider taking on a little more responsibility and being a mentor to new volunteers by managing a role!
Details on exactly how to Audit, Test, and Document an Islandora release are listed here.
Why join the 7.x-1.9 Release Team?
* Give back to Islandora. This project survives because of our volunteers. If you've been using Islandora and want to contribute back to the project, being a part of a Release Team is one of the most helpful commitments you can make.
* There's a commitment to fit your skills and time. Do you have a strong grasp of the inner workings of a module and want to make sure bugs, improvements, and features are properly managed in its newest version? Be a Component Manager. Do you work with a module a lot as an end user and think you can break it? Be a Tester! Do you want to learn more about a module and need an excuse to take a deep dive? Be a Documenter! Do you have a busy few months coming up and can't give a lot of time to the Islandora release? Be an Auditor (small time commitment - big help!). You can take on a single module or sign up for several.
* Credit. Your name goes into the release announcement and Release notes for posterity.
* T-Shirts. Each member of an Islandora Release Team gets a t-shirt unique to that release. They really are quite nifty;
Tentative schedule for the release:
* Code Freeze: Wednesday, March 1, 2017
* Release Candidate: Monday, March 13, 2017
* Release: Friday, April 28, 2017